Separated by Similarities.

photo by Diletta Shakespeare

Dear reader,

This is a very ill-written and unpoetic letter from me to you.

I am writing so that you know you are not alone.
I've found myself drowning in the darkness many a time, wandering terrifying places with no way out, nothing to hold on to until I could finally get out, nothing that would show me that I could indeed leave.

Fear not the obscurity of your soul.
The dark is essential and you cannot escape from it.
Embrace it.
Wrap your arms around the pain it causes you and fight through it.

You cannot live if you cannot die a few times.
Some die more often than others,
some punish themselves for imaginary reasons
just because they feel bad about certain aspects of their lives.

There is always a light inside the abyss of your existence.
But you cannot find it unless you look for it.
And that is where you are called to take this challenge, this risk.

You must overcome the urge to sink into nothingness
by realizing there must be something worth floating for.

There must be, there always is.
If you think there is nothing there
then make it up.
Invent it, create it.

Everything is up to you.
The core of your life, your mood
depends on you.

Do not destroy yourself
for you are valuable.

Some dreams never come true,
some dreams take some time to come to life.

You must never run out of dreams.
You should never give up,
you should only let go
when you know you have to.

But letting go is not giving up.
To let go is to be free.
What is past, is past.

What is not here is yet to come.
Make sure it is good for you.

I am not asking you to love yourself
as I do not
and it would be hypocritical of me.

I am asking you to respect yourself
and give yourself chances,
some space to breathe.

Not everything is ugly or hopeless,
for you are everything you need
to start living.

You and I are strangers
but we are kin when it comes
to suffering.

We all suffer separately
but with similar ways.

I am you
and you are me,
we are human.

Be silent,
listen to your soul.
It speaks to you
in a language only you can understand.

Learn it, practice it, appreciate it.

Speak it.


Comments

  1. Nice flow! Bukowski's works have been of great influence for poets to come. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog

    http://aca-photography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts